Travelling Solo With Tauck
"I lost my husband two years ago, and this was the first holiday I took as a single. I wasn't sure how I would feel being alone – but I was not alone! The group I travelled with was friendly, fun to be with, and included me in everything. Also, I can't say enough about my Tauck Director – she was wonderful, on top of everything, and there for everyone. Thank you for a wonderful first journey, and I look forward to future travels with Tauck." – Arlene Pressman, CT
We were so pleased to receive the above note from Arlene Pressman following her trip to Spain and Portugal with us last year, sharing her thoughts on her first trip as a solo traveller with Tauck.
Travelling solo doesn't mean travelling alone – with Tauck, it means camaraderie, travelling with like-minded travellers who share similar interests, enjoying the spirit of travel that makes exploring the world a necessary part of life – and sharing the special experiences found on Tauck’s guided land trips and cruises that create lifetime memories.
For 90+ years, solo travellers have found a special "travel" home with Tauck in destinations the world over. And for 2016 and 2017, we're offering solo travellers an additional reason to travel with Tauck – special Solo Traveller Savings on all of our European river cruises and on select departures of many of our land trips.
Great Value for Solo Travellers
European River Cruises
Solo Travellers enjoy Special Savings in Category 1 Cabins – No Single Supplement on all European River Cruises in 2016 and 2017! The single price in Category 1 is the same as the double price, which means savings of up to 50% for solo travellers on every departure of every European river cruise!
Named one of the "World's Best River Cruise Line" by the readers of Travel + Leisure, our European river cruises are a great way for guests travelling solo to explore Europe. You'll be in the company of like-minded travellers who chose their Tauck river cruise for the same reasons you did – mutual interests that foster camaraderie. Your Tauck Directors and ship's crew make you feel welcome from the moment you board, ensuring you are looked after onboard the riverboat and on shore excursions.
Solo Travellers also enjoy Savings of £645 per cabin in Categories 4 and 5 on select 2016 river cruises; you'll find all of the savings details under the prices on each of our river cruises found here (certain restrictions apply; ask at time of booking).
Worldwide Land Trips
Seeing the world solo has never been easier than travelling on Tauck's guided trips – you'll find special savings for solo travellers on select departures of many Tauck land trips in Asia, Latin America, Europe and North America. Click on these destinations and take a look at our tours featuring solo traveller savings – you'll find full details under the tab "Pricing and Availability." Check back often as our collection of 2017 Tauck trips are finalised – and start planning where in the world you want to explore next!
Tauck Directors – Some of the Best Reasons for Travelling Solo with Tauck
Our Tauck Directors who guide your trip – solo travellers themselves! – are the best in the business:
- They treat every guest as an individual, looking after each guest's needs – so solo travellers feel secure and looked after from the day they arrive to departure
- Personifications of the word "leader," our Tauck Directors are knowledgeable professionals well-versed in local cultural customs and traditions – travel with someone "in the know"
- They manage all daily details of travel, from checking you in and out of hotels to all luggage handling, and they oversee your on-tour transportation
- Tauck Directors choreograph each day's sightseeing to make the best use of time, ensuring schedules are kept
- Because they are "in the know" about the places you're travelling to, they offer helpful suggestions when asked – such as what to do in your free time
- They thrive on finding creative ways to share their love of the destination, with pleasant surprises or spur-of-the-moment opportunities often along the way
- Our Tauck Directors earn high praise from our guests for their wealth of information, warmth and efficiency – our solo travellers rate them as one of the best reasons to travel with Tauck!
If you would like more information, you can get additional tips about travelling as a solo traveller with Tauck by clicking on the Travel Forums tab on our home page and joining the discussions on our Solo Traveller Forum. We look forward to travelling with you on your next trip!