Amsterdam dinner reservations

We will be arriving in Amsterdam the day before our September 24th river cruise. Any suggestions for restaurants for dinner? We are looking forward to a great time with our friends who will be taking their first trip with Tauck.

Comments

• I went to De Kas when I last visited and loved it. I went at lunch with my wife and it was €32,50 a head for three courses, which is normally a little bit more expensive than I would hope to pay, but when the food came out I was so happy, and it was definitely worth every penny. I had the cod and my wife had the chicken, with us both finishing off with their yummy chocolate tart. My wife found De Kas on this website:

http://www.elitetraveler.com/finest-dining/restaurant-guide/the-8-best-restaurants-in-amsterdam

Looks like there's quite a few good ones on there if you look.

• We went several days early and one evening had a delightful time eating at the hotel's Happy Hour. They cooked/grilled food on the deck outside the bar area and it was delicious. We had intended it only as a happy hour, but it became our meal as we had several small plates. It may have been a weekend night as they also had music. Definitely check it out no matter what you do for dinner.
  • Oops, I did not pay attention to the trip date. Maybe someone else can use the advice.