Options

Water Level Danube

We are scheduled for the Danube river cruise on October 3, 2018, and I would like to know whether any recent passengers on the same cruise we affected by the water levels on the River. If you are now on the cruise, or went in the last week or two, I'd appreciate information on how it affected your trip. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    We were on the August 30 Eastbound Blue Danube and there was a lot of concern as to whether or not we would be able to complete our trip into Budapest on the boat b/c of the river levels. Due to sufficient rain (some during the first part of our trip) we were able to stay on the ship the entire trip. Upon reaching Budapest, I understood why that particular area was the cause of concern - the river is at least 2-3 times wider so the depth is dispersed as such. We sailed into Budapest on Sept 8 with no problem. When we departed the city on Sept. 12, we noticed many riverboats still sailing along. Also FYI, the Tauck boats are smaller than, say, the Viking Boats so they don’t require the same depth to complete their sail.
    By the way, the river cruise portion of the trip is absolutely top notch from accommodations, service, cuisine, and staff - we had no complaints about anything aboard that ship (We were on the Ms. Joy).
  • Options
    We are scheduled to depart from Budapest on the MS Joy October 18th and are also concerned about the water levels on the Danube and trip interruption. We would hate to pay for a river cruise and end up with a motor coach tour!! Thank you to anyone who has any updated information on the Danube River levels.
  • Options
    It’s hard to predict so far in advance, there could be constant rain before then. Just keep your fingers crossed!
  • Options
    DeniseAmat wrote:
    We are scheduled to depart from Budapest on the MS Joy October 18th and are also concerned about the water levels on the Danube and trip interruption. We would hate to pay for a river cruise and end up with a motor coach tour!! Thank you to anyone who has any updated information on the Danube River levels.

You will more than likely not be able to cruise.
  • Options
    DeniseAmat wrote:

We,too were to be on that October 18 cruise, had to cancel due to a late summer health issue (which has been resolved).
    I'd love to hear (upon your return) how, if at all , the water levels affected your trip. Thanks!